In 2014 Red Cosmetica was launched the Red Lipstick app, the world’s first app to let you use your iPhone or iPad to take a selfie and try on every red lipstick shade in our range, and then share your red lipstick selfies on your social media pages. It even enabled you to buy your favourite Red Cosmetica shades within the app.
It took a while for the beauty, tech and social media world to catch up, but it finally did with Instagram’s launch of filters that allowed their users to add augmented reality effects to their selfies.
We immediately saw the potential for this to replace our Red Lipstick app, so we began developing our own Instagram filters to take it’s place.
In June 2020 we launched our Red Lips Instagram filters (midway through the 2020 pandemic no less!). Three camera effects that enable you to try each of the Red Cosmetica shades that suit your skin tone – cool, warm or neutral.
To take a photo or video with a our effects, simply follow @redcosmetica on Instagram, then:
- Tap the filter icon near the bottom of our Instagram account homepage
- Select the effect for your skin tone (if you don’t know your skin tone you can quickly find out here).
- Click ‘Try it’ from the bottom left of the screen
- Scroll or tap through each of the shade icons at the bottom of the screen to see how each shade looks on you
- Tap to take a photo or tap and hold to take a video